Electronics Convergence Lab
홈 연구활동 Electronics Convergence Lab
Electronics Convergence Lab (ShimLab)
1. Research Areas
2. Introduction to ShimLab
- - Autonomous Mobile Robots
- - Ultrasonic Atomization (MQL Applications)
- - Wireless Power Transmission (Digital Tooling Heads)
- - Microcontrollers and Embedded Systems
- - Sustainability Engineering
- - Sound Wave Fire Extinguisher
- - Smart Parking Systems based on IoT
- - Wireless camera (endoscope)
- - UWB (Ultra Wideband) communication systems
- - RF (Terahertz) Electronics
- - RF (Terahertz) CMOS Integrated Circuits
- - RF (Terahertz) Electromagnetic Systems
- - CMOS devices under extreme environments
- - RF Integrated passive components and modules
- - RF MEMS (switches, FBAR, filters, duplexers)
- - MEMS fabrication
- - Computational electromagnetics
The Electronics Convergence Lab (ShimLab) explores the design and implementation of various interdisciplinary electronic systems including both HW and SW. ShimLab inspires a student to enhance the creative thinking and engineering insight to be an engineer leading 4th industrial revolution. ShimLab offers students with opportunity to collaborate, make, learn and fail freely in a passion-based learning culture. ShimLab unlocks and maximize students’ engineering potential and creativity. ShimLab facilitates various equipments and tools to supports hands-on experiences and fast prototyping for capstone and innovative research projects. ShimLab has been collabolating with industry to challenge the problems in the real world beyond academic boundaries.
and Design Tools
3. Journal Publications
- 1. G. Jang, C. Chung and D. Shim, “A Study on FRACAS-based Dependability Control Platform for Domestic Urban Railway Trains,” J. KITS, Accepted (KCI).
- 2. A. D. Johnson, A. Lefebure, J. Shin and D. Shim, “Maintenance-Centered Sustainability Analysis of Brick and Block Clamp,” J. KSMTE, vol. 29, no. 2, 2020 (KCI).
- 3. A. D. Johnson, J. Shin and D. Shim, “Development of Integrated Sustainability Measurement Hierarchy (ISMH) for Sustainable Engineering,” J. KSMTE, vol. 28, no. 6, 2019 (KCI).
- 4. S. Han, Y. Choi, J. Yang, H. Hwang, K. Kim, J. Shin, D. Jang and D. Shim, “Improved Wall-following Driving for Robot Operating System-based High-speed Autonomous Mobile Robot,” J. KSMTE, vol. 28, no. 3, 2019 (KCI).
- 5. Y. Seo, S. Lee, H. Park, K. Kim, Y. Choi, H. Hwang, S. Han and D. Shim, “Development of Safe Stove System using Sound Wave Fire Extinguisher,” J. KIFSE, vol. 32, no. 6, 2018 (KCI).
- 6. D. Shim, W. Choi, J. Lee and K. K. O, "Self-Dynamic and Static Biasing for Output Power and Efficiency Enhancement of Complementary Anti-Parallel Diode Pair Frequency Tripler,"IEEE Microwave. Wireless Comp. Lett. 2017. (SCI)
- 7. D. Shim, J. Yang, J. Son, S. Han and H. Lee, "Smart Parking Guidance System based on IoT Car-stoppers ,“ J. IIBC, vol. 17, no. 3, 2017 (KCI).
- 8. D. Shim, J. Yang, S. Han, H. Lee, K. Kim and H. Kim, "Sub-Terahertz On-Chip Microstrip Patch Antenna in CMOS with Metal Dummy Structures," J. KIEES, vol. 28, no. 6, 2017 (KCI).
- 9. D. Shim and J. Yi, "Ultra-wide-angle Wireless Endoscope with a Backend-camera-controller Architecture", International Journal of Electronics and Telecommunications, vol.63, no.1, 2017. (SCOPUS)
- 10. D. Shim, J. Yeon, J. Yi, J. Park, S. N. Park and N. Lee, "A Wide-angle Camera Module for Disposable Endoscopy," Optical Review, Jun. 2016. (SCIE)
- 11. D. Shim and K. K. O, "Self-biased Anti-parallel Diode Pair in 130-nm CMOS," IEE Electronics Letters, vol. 52, no. 13, pp. 1147-1149, Jun. 2016. (SCI)
- 12. Shim, D., Kim, H-O., Lee, M., Kim, J., Lee, N., Yi, J., Kang, K. and Kang, J-J. "An ultra-wide-angle wireless camera using ultra wide band communication", Int. J. Sensor Networks, vol. 19, no. 1, 2015 (SCIE).
- 13. J. Zhang, N. Sharma, W. Choi, D. Shim, Q. Zhong, and K. K. O, " 85-to-127 GHz CMOS Signal Generation Using a Quadrature VCO With Passive Coupling and Broadband Harmonic Combining for Rotational Spectroscopy," IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 1361-1371, Jun. 2015 (SCI).
- 14. D. Shim, J. Lee, J. Lee, J. Cha, M. Kang, "Design of UWB/WiFi Module based Wireless Transmission for Endoscopic Camera," J. KSII, vol. 16, no. 1, 2015 (KCI).
- 15. D. Shim, J. Lee, J. Lee, D. Shim, "Development of Skin Disease Smart Phone App. using CMOS Camera based on Hybrid RF," J. KOSST, vol. 10, no. 2, 2015.
- 16. D. Shim, J. Lee, J. Noh, J., "A Study on Wireless Endoscope Technology Development Combined with UWB Communication Module," J. KOSST, vol. 9, noj. 20, 2014.
- 17. D. Shim, H. Kim, B. Lee, S. Hong, J. Yi, J. Cha, "A Study on a Ultra-wide-angle Wireless Digital Electronic Endoscope Modules," J. KIEE, vol. 63, no. 4, 2014 (KCI).
- 18. D. Shim, J. Lee, J. Noh, M. Lee, J. Cha, "A Study on Wireless Endoscope Technology Development Combined with UWB Communication Module," J. KOSST, vol. 9, noj. 20, 2014.
- 19. K. Ko, J. Lee, Y. Kang, D. Shim, J. Kim, E. Kim, J. Lee, J. Cha, "A Study on the Control of Lights for BEMS using Adaptive Conrol GMM", J. KOSST, vol. 7, no. 3, 2012.
- 20. D. J. Arenas, D. Shim, D. I. Koukis, E. Seok, D. B. Tanner, and K. K. O, “Characterization of near-terahertz complementary metal-oxide semiconductor circuits using a Fourier-transform interferometer,” Review of Scientific Instruments, vol. 82, no. 10, 103106-1?103106-6, Oct. 2011 (SCI).
- 21. D. Shim and K. K. O, “Symmetric Varactor in 130-nm CMOS for Frequency Multiplier Applications,” IEEE Electron Device Lett., vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 470?472, Apr. 2011. (SCI)
- 22. D. Shim, C. Mao, S. Sankaran, and K. K. O, “150-GHz Complementary Anti-Parallel Diode Frequency Tripler in 130-nm CMOS,” IEEE Microwave. Wireless Comp. Lett., vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 43?45, Jan. 2011. (SCI)
- 23. E. Seok, D. Shim, C. Mao, R. Han, S. Sankaran, C. Cao, W. Knap, and K. K. O, “Progress and Challenges Towards Terahertz CMOS Integrated Circuits,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 1554?1564, Aug. 2010. (SCI)
- 24. E. Seok, D. Shim, D. Arenas, D. B. Tanner, and K. K. O, “Generation of Second and Fourth Harmonic Signals Using a Balanced Colpitts Oscillator With a Patch Antenna,” IEEE Microwave. Wireless Comp. Lett., vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 554-556, Oct. 2010. (SCI)
- 25. D. Shim, S. Sankaran, and K. K. O, “Complementary Antiparallel Schottky Barrier Diode Pair in a 0.13-μm Logic CMOS Technology,” IEEE Electron Device Lett., vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 606?608, Jun. 2008. (SCI)
- 26. K. Nam, Y. Park, B. Ha, D. Shim, I. Song, J. Pak, and G. Park, “Piezoelectric Properties of Aluminum Nitride for Thin Film Bulk Acoustic Wave Resonator,” J. Korean Phys. Soc. vol. 47, No. 2, pp. S309-S312, 2005. (SCI)
- 27. Y. Hong, Y. Kim, M. Lee, S. Park, D. Shim, C. Park, B. Hong, Y. Roh, S. Jung, and I. Song, “Post-etch residue removal in BCB/Cu interconnection structure,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 435, no. 1-2, pp. 238-241, 2003. (SCI)
4. ShimLab Link
 서울 노원구 공릉로 232 서울과학기술대학교 무궁관 814호 MSDE
Copyright (c) SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. All Rights Reserved.